Supportive Services for Veteran Families
A Veterans Administration (VA) grant program
• Housing and Financial Stability Plans
• Assistance with Housing Search
• Temporary Financial Assistance (Time-limited payment for rent, security deposits, and transportation)
The goal of the SSVF Program is to promote housing stability among very low-income Veteran Families who reside in or are transitioning to permanent housing. To become a participant under the SSVF Program, the following conditions must be met:
1. A member of a “Veteran family” in which the head of the household, or the spouse of the head of household, is a Veteran
2. Very low-income: Household income does not exceed 50% of area median income.
3. Must be VA eligible.
4. Veteran family must be homeless or facing homelessness.
• Outreach Services
• Case Management Services
• Assistance in Obtaining VA Benefits
• Assistance in Obtaining and Coordinating Other Public Benefits Available in the Grantee’s Area or Community