Located at 1297 Purchase Street, the Anthony C. & Salvatore H. Alfiero Outreach Center opened in 2020 with a leadership gift from the Alfiero family. The Outreach Center is a resource to all veterans and their families seeking information and services that support their safety, health and well-being. The Outreach Center is staffed by professional licensed clinicians who are dedicated to working with veterans.
- Maintain permanent housing status and overall well-being of veterans and their families who are at risk of losing their housing.
- Enable homeless veterans to acquire housing and increase their self-sufficiency.
- Assist veterans to successfully shift from transitional housing to permanent housing and self-sufficiency.
VTH achieves this focus through case management services including but not limited to transportation, coordination of care with medical and behavioral health providers, increased entitlement benefits where applicable, vocational/ educational support, and access to recovery programs.
VTH is expanding its services by reaching out to veterans across Southeastern Massachusetts and welcoming veterans to contact our professional staff. Outreach services include:
- Housing and Support Services that include assistance with housing applications across programs including HUD, VASH, Section 8 and market rate housing.
- Coordination of care related to stabilizing housing with community providers
- Financial support to veterans in need of addressing rental arrears, as well as first month, last month and security deposit financial support, and general moving expenses.
- Referrals for alternative housing supports to cover gaps in care, and ensuring that reoccurring documentation related to housing in completed and submitted in a timely manner.
Contact Lisa Costa, Housing & Support Specialist, email@example.com 774-206-7028
- Employment and Training Support for veterans applying for employment or applying for training opportunities to improve employable skills.
- Interview practice, resume development, access to community-based career centers and job fairs for employment placement
Contact Kevin Almeida, Employment Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org 774-206-7002
- Community outreach to homeless veterans and veterans at risk of becoming homeless providing social and emotional support
- Facilitating access to community-based resources including behavioral healthcare, medical care, VA claims, Social Security benefits, and referrals to food and clothing pantries
- Transitional and supportive housing services, and coordination with community providers and agencies to ensure stable housing for veterans
- Substance abuse treatment supports
- Ongoing case management
Contact Pedro Ramos, Outreach and Support Specialist, email@example.com 774-206-7039
VTH engages and collaborates with numerous community partners to support veterans. If you are a veteran or service provider working with a veteran that might need support, or are looking for resources or referrals, please call 508-992-5319 x123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.